Fab Feb - Friday Frolics


❌Alcohol Free
❌Fitness
✅Friends

Friday frolics was a term applied to the morning tea we took in turns providing in a staffroom at my first school (as a teacher). In the main, it successfully avoided becoming a competitive affair and scoffing food can be a fun way to enjoy the end of the working week. It's pretty hard to be social in a fifteen minute recess though. It was the end of term drinks at the pub where we were more able to take the time to relax.

Towards the end of high school (as a student) I attended Youth Groups on Friday nights that would end at a cafe down the main street, then I'd be racing home in my (sorry, Mum's) yellow Mini before my midnight curfew. Now my favourite Friday nights are hanging at a friend's house, or mine, with wine, cheese and other bits and pieces. As a teacher I just couldn't face marking or prep work on a Friday night. I needed to unwind and then slowly ease myself into the schoolwork over the weekend. I know from conducting my questionnaire of teachers last year that Sunday afternoons are when teachers are frequently online.

On this particular Friday, a friend shopped out Harris Farm on her way home. The image above shows only a selection of what we consumed. Or in my case, inhaled. It was accompanied by a bottle of a traditional Hunter chardonnay from Margan, rich and golden coloured. It was followed by a Penfolds white wine. It was pale in comparison, in colour and quality. We completed the trifecta with an old Grant Burge shiraz. It was divine. Even though consumption was spread over several hours, I thought it would be wise to stay the night. No curfew now.




Comments