Fab Feb - Focus

Front cover of my Moleskin diary

✅Free of alcohol

✅Federation Cup win
✅Moving forward with the PhD
✅Russian Doll (Netflix)
❌Fitness


My day was off to a brilliant start with Australia beating USA in the Federation Cup. They will play Belarus in the semi-final in April. Woohoo!

Thankfully, Ashleigh Barty and Priscilla Hon wrapped up the victory just in time for me to make my first PhD supervisor meeting. This meeting provided the direction I've been craving. I was so excited that when I came home...I slumped on the couch. I resisted the urge to turn on the TV and I managed to tick the first two items off the list of things to do (email my supervisor the to do list and invite my assistant supervisor to our next meeting). But then I used the excuse of printer problems to not read the article that is meant to launch me into a systematic review of the literature. I wish I had the focus, drive and mental strength of Ash Barty.

Instead I dozed in the heat and tried to write this post. I caved to turning on the TV late in the afternoon and binged on Veronica Mars again. After dinner we finished watching Russian Doll on Netflix which we really enjoyed. Read Craig Mathieson's excellent review of Russian Doll in The Monthly (no paywall).

Despite being a lazy lump for the last half of the day, I still declare the day as fabulous due to the tennis and the launch of my PhD journey. And really, I should be kinder to myself anyway. I am quite proud of the focus I had for the MRES last year and I'm sure it won't be long before I find it again.




PS I was so excited by the tennis that I forgot to do my #28bysamwood fitness program in the morning. By the time it cooled down in the afternoon I failed to muster the required oomph.

Comments